Acoustics is an important physical element in the feeling of comfort that one perceives or not in a living room, as one does for the visual elements (warm / cold colors, harmonious arrangement of the decoration (Feng Shui) …) or kinesthetic (touching seat materials, temperature, humidity level).
Acoustic comfort is given by a mixture of several parameters :
- The general level of noise in the room. This level varies greatly depending on the environment and the activity of the person:
- In residential houses, hotels, apartments for living conditions like staying, resting, sleeping, the Noise Rating (NR) should be about 25 to 30 decibels.
- In a factory or workshop the comfort level is a noise level of 50 to 70 decibels.
- A good “acoustics” of the room, that is to say the perfect reproduction of sounds, voices, music and other, without being bothered by spurious effects of reverberation, echo or other distortions.
- “Sound insulation” to any type of noise nuisances
- outdoor airborne noises (airplane, car, railway noise, and interior noise)
- indoor airborne sounds (neighbor’s conversations, TV sound next door …)
- solid noises, that is, the sound of shocks, impacts or friction caused by falling objects, moving furniture, slamming doors, leaky faucets, etc.
Several wall coverings from our product range are designed to achieve a higher level of acoustic comfort by improving acoustics, reducing reverberation and echo phenomena, and increasing the absorption of waves by the acoustic wall covering. Our solutions are particularly effective on the sound spectra of the human voice.
In the version with smooth finishing surface and 3 mm acoustic insulation at the rear, the acoustic spectrum of the material is as follows:
In the version with a smooth surface finish with 5 mm acoustic insulation at the rear, the acoustic spectrum of the material is as follows:
The two rear side needle punched products are also used on the back side of fiber glass textile (mesh, herringbone or other patterned glass canvases). The Sabine coefficient is then increased by 5 points thanks to the irregular surface which reduces the reverberation.
OF THE SUBSTRATES
Our renovation wall coverings in rolls are intended for interior renovation of walls and ceilings both in the public sector (public buildings) and private constructions (home). These wallcoverings make it …
The surfaces (reliefs) of old walls and ceilings to renovate are often tedious to coat when a smooth result before further renovation is required. Several types of renovation wall coverings in rolls can be …
Acoustics is an important physical element in the feeling of comfort that one perceives or not in a living room, as one does for the visual elements (warm / cold colors, harmonious arrangement of …
In any room, whether private, public or professional, the temperature (heat / freshness) is a key element to consider the room as being comfortable. The perception of this thermal comfort depends …